If you are selling a house as an agent or house owner, the idea is to attract many potential buyers to increase chances of you making a sale of a high amount and as fast as possible. Additionally, the potential buyers need to see the house before they can make up their mind if they will buy it or not. Below are ways that can help when setting up an open house?
- First of all, you have to create interest in the house. You have to make the property seen and known that it is available for people to want to come and see it. The internet and more so the social media comes in handy at such a moment. Most buyers will search for properties online before they think of going to see them. The photos should also be high quality and show the primary areas of the house that they want to buy. You can also include a short video giving a tour of the inside and outside the house. These are ways that buyers will gain interest in the house and also increase chances of more of them showing up at the open house.
- Different buyers will attend the open house. They all have different tastes and preferences; therefore, you should not put them off with too much décor that they do not feel like they will ever be able to own the space. It means that you have to make the décor neutral such that they visualize themselves living in the house.
- No one who would like to buy a house that is dirty, smelly and unmaintained. Before the open house, make a deliberate attempt to clean the house and remove any unwanted stuff from the house. Also if any parts of the house are broken or need repairs, ensure that it is done on time before the buyers arrive.
- Keep pets away from the guests. Do not forget that not all people like pets near them. It could trigger some of them not to buy the house since they will not be comfortable to view it in the first place. Some pets like dogs could also get aggressive when they see new faces which will potentially chase away the guests.
- Be kind to your guests. Treat them to snacks and drinks either before or after the tour around the house. It will show that you are a warm and welcoming person who they can do business with, and in this case is to buy your house.
Selling a house could be difficult and easy at the same time depending on how you handle your potential customers. One wrong move and they will not come back ever again. You need to make sure that they leave the house with the urge to come back and take it. If you do not know how to go about it, you can even hire someone who will help you with the tips and organizing of the open house to make it as successful as possible.