It’s true. Real estate can help you achieve financial freedom. But you don’t have to invest in the conventional properties just because everyone is. Multi-family homes, apartment complexes, single-family houses, and condos are not the only properties out there. We also have mobile homes, and it’s a lucrative niche that can help you get to where you want to be if you understand the rules of investing.
There was a survey that was conducted a couple of years back, and it revealed that more than five percent of Americans lived in mobile homes. If you do your math right, you’ll realize that’s close to 20 million people. And that just goes to show anyone can make money by investing in mobile homes especially in Houston, Texas.
What are mobile homes?
Mobile homes are these structures that are usually built in some factory and then moved to a mobile park or leased land once their construction is complete. A mobile home owner in Houston, Texas is also allowed to put it on a property that they already own or one that they’re buying under contract.
In case you haven’t realized, mobile homes are called mobile homes because they can be moved anywhere. But is buying my mobile home in Houston, Texas a good idea? To answer that, we’ll have to look at the benefits.
Why should I invest in my mobile home?
- Lower prices: Compared to single-family homes, condos, and apartment complexes, Houston Texas mobile homes are a lot cheaper. And, you don’t need to have land to own one. Just go ahead and buy it, then look for space in an existing park.
- Flexibility: Ever seen someone move a house before? Unless you’re a supernatural being with crazy power, it’s impossible. But mobile homes are portable. So you don’t have to worry about looking for a different house if you have to move.
- Great value for money: What many people don’t know is, we actually do have federal standards that regulate the quality of a mobile home in Houston, Texas. These standards have ensured the structures are strong, durable, energy efficient, fire resistant, and easily transportable.
- Lower taxes: A mobile home in Houston, Texas is a personal property. That means the annual property tax won’t be as high as the one levied on condos, single-family homes, apartment complexes, or any other type of site-built property.
- Affordable housing: The average disposable income in this country is low. There’s no denying that. And because of that fact, potential homeowners in Houston, Texas have found themselves in a position where they can’t risk investing in luxurious housing options.
We Buy Fast Houston Houses isn’t saying that mobile homes could be the panacea to all your housing problems. Of course, you still have to take into consideration the risks involved. For instance, there’s the risk of damage. We all know the fact that they’re placed on temporary foundation makes them prone to damage. The kind that can make it difficult for the property’s owner to resale the property.
All you’ve got to do is weigh your options before making the final decision. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.